Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Love

8/2/11

Sorry.  I wrote half of that yesterday and the other half when I woke up today and I had 5 people texting me, including you talking about the Justin situation.  I don't know what to tell you. If his apology isn't good enough and you don't like him -- then just ignore it.  I'm hearing about it from the both of you and it's driving me crazy!  Sorry.  I hope that doesn't make you mad.  I just needed to get it out.  And now I have so.  Done.

LOVE LOVE LOVE
8/8/11

One of the biggest words in the English
language
Easy to toss around
and my thoughts become loud
unreal
untrue
eliminating all else
but my heart still beats
and my skin still tingles
like an unimaginable itch
but there's a gap
between the hands of time
steadily falling
like the sun at the end of the day
and I put one foot in front of the other
and so forth
waiting to experience
or maybe just experiencing
whatever it is
does success belong to those who prepare for it?
or am i speaking words
just words
with nothing behind them?
as always 
and I'm not even close
but it smells like home
as I define what I 
know
see
feel 
breathe 
taste
like my life 
it could've been mine 
but I reach for a different sky 
letting drops of rain embrace me 
since Jesus can't 
not physically 
I welcome that feeling
because it's like feeling
for the first time
how so?
every day is new
and fresh new canvas 
today I used 
blue 
gray 
green
orange 
brown 
red
and I wished for October 
as I walk the red carpet 
as the music continues 
as the squares fade 
until nothing 
blank 
fresh
new
and I feel the next
feeling
the next hour
the next minute
the next second 
me 
myself 
and the smoke cleared
so that I might close my 
eyes 
and see
whatever i want to see.
again.
and hear 
or try to 
resulting in something tangible 
to be appreciated
as I learn to nourish
every piece of me 
but something eats at me 
my heart 
my soul 
this miracle waiting to happen
will explode 
like stars 
or a meteor 
run
running all the time
and this fire just burns bright 
never setting
but a slow steady throb 
fast 
steaming
increasing speed 
but I don't 
I'm left to eat the dust 
and it's here
the balance 
the discovery 
the dawn of a new day 
I'm here 
alive
feeling
breathing
luxurious
and me 
once again
or new 
something to wait for 
breathe in
and love 
with a wholeness 
if you can.  

8/8/11
THE OCEAN

I hear nothing
solitude 
but it speaks volumes 
like the hottest summer day 
I raise my voice 
because I have so much to say 
but I swallow salt 
and I choke
waiting for that last breath 
mine 
it belongs to me
and I don't want to give it up 
as darkness takes over 
every step of the way 
I will remember 
I will forsake 
I will dream
of cold 
heat
and the world 
as it envelopes me 
whole 
careless 
intertwined as one 
just one
me
an endless blanket
of secrets 
washed up 
dried out
and sent again
to be shared 
lifetimes away
worlds apart
for free
big love
that won't end 
but it's so brief 
you whisper
waiting for change 
or for a destination 
that exists below 
the depths of your mind
the very hollows of your heart 
until you find the key 
the niche
yours 
outside of your sanity 
at last 
you find existance
so shallow
so deep 
it's unreachable 
but you strain
trying to find your strength 
and you fear 
a melody that won't play
yet you hear it 
echoing 
like a shining knight 
or night
it's refreshing
playing at the corners 
within
causing you to move
skin to water
like your life depends on it
don't drown 
float 
touch bottom
bask in glory 
in beaty 
peace 
and say hello
to what lies
ahead and before
dive in
swim. 

WINTER GRACE
8/10/11
True love 
crying a thousand rivers 
the smile of sun
and my heart beats 
loudly 
but my brain clicks 
off and on 
longing to feel differently 
in so many ways 
am I stealing my own sun
am I buying on tomorrow
I'll pay later
and I did 
every day 
until that beat of my heart 
faltered 
and now I'm here
asking the same questions 
once again
but they still don't get answered 
so what's left 
what am I thinking
but I wanted to be a hero 
or something
but I"m empty now 
yet somehow still filled with love
and her innocence will go away
too soon
I feel that pain 
in the pit of my stomach
and the depths of my heart 
spilling out on my cheeks 
or is that someone else's face 
somehow I'm alive 
thank you 
thank you 
thank you 
so much for loving me 
unconditionally 
as though it were me who gave you life 
and that smile of sun
is still etched in me
a permanent branding 
how did I get here 
there's a reason for everything
but this is too heart breaking 
something from the rain 
I look at paper 
I wonder how I even I think
I can get it all out 
I can't 
it's hidden 
and I wish I could find what I need 
to get the lump lodged in my throat 
away 
gone 
like I am
I'm sorry 
I left my world 
to grow 
expand 
reach horizons 
I possibly may not have helped you reach 
maybe the reason is unknown 
but don't ever forget 
I love you
as though a love like ours existed 
before
never
you are you
and I love you
forever and ever
always.

OUR FRIENDSHIP 
8/10/11

Little tree
nurtured and now strong
weathered many storms 
tall and so beautiful 
grabbing the stars 
wowing the galaxies 
dimensions of time past 
and we're alive 
and breathing fast 
two hearts shared one
stubborn pride busted 
I guess that's the way the story goes 
it doesn't end there
unreachable 
just beyond the tips of our fingers 
unspeakable words 
over the walls of a smoke screen 
we somehow saved ourselves 
only those we're closest to 
can hurt each other with that magnitude 
new normals 
new stories 
music to our ears 
and no more fear
you can show me
teach me
learn from me
the only one who understands 
what I'm running from
what I'm running to 
and will follow 
there's no time anymore
we can dance
be still
watch the world turn
and try to catch up to us 
like fireflies 
on the darkest night 
or butterflies 
flying high 
soaring 
towards the sun
but higher 
wavelengths higher 
but were far away 
this time 
we take one breath 
and fight the fight 
to make ourselves something 
wearing the shoes of success
I hear your voice 
I love you
I forgive you
keep breathing 
keep holding on 
to the daylight
the moon the stars
and the spaces between 
you too 
never fading 
never falling 
cause I'm beside you 
behind you
kicking back
echoing your reflection
beauty 
it was never so freeing
uplifting 
as it is at this moment 
because it's you
and me.

MUSIC
8/10/11

Must I wake up to silence?  Its defense 
under the pretense of silence 
silence that drowns me 
I don't mind it 
count me in 
I'm in whatever story is told 
the main character
the world is my stage 
my movie set 
i drown in melody 
my hands strike the chords 
don't just stand there and watch me fall 
sing me to life 
I promise to sing a song 
at last 
speaks to me 
tells me my life story 
and sweeps me under
but for the first time
I know where I belong 
what I should be doing
drowning my senses away 
burning chances 
and bridges 
and everything that connects to my heart 
a vital part 
that is wearing thin
but you'll eat my dust 
and love my smile 
and mock my style 
rhythm 
I move in time 
beats 
I march to my own 
and I raise my voice
dying to be heard 
remembering those lost 
taken
leaving footprints in our hearts 
and our souls 
remaining memories 
real 
but the music speaks for them now
and we listen 
just reliving that fraction of time 
whatever it was
all over again 
King me 
why don't we take on the world 
fly to the moon 
and imagine 
dreams 
come true 
through verse and lyric
reason and rhyme 
a serenade 
more beautiful than any rose 
and broken 
mended 
broken again
over and over 
until all you can mend 
is the song written 
when I'm away from myself 
that's all I have left 
running in place 
somewhere in the stratosphere 
I get a second chance 
to live
like the music, I only have one voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment