Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Devotions and another entry

October 23rd
~~~~~~~~~~
In A Word

He who overcomes, and keeps my works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations.
Revelations 2:26.
Think for a moment about this question: What if God weren't here on earth?  You think people can be cruel now, imagine us without the presence of God.  You think we are brutal to each other now, imagine the world without the holy spirit.  You think there is loneliness and dispair and guilt now, imagine life without the touch of Jesus.  No forgiveness.  No hope.  No acts of kindness.  No words of love.  No more food given in His name.  No more songs sung to His praise.  No more deeds done in His honor.  If God took away His angels, His grace, His promise of eternity, and His servants, what would the world be like?  In a word, hell.

October 24th
~~~~~~~~~~
What Heaven Holds

There is joy in the presence of the angels of God when one sinner changes his heart and life.  Luke 15:10
Why do Jesus and his angels rejoice over one repenting sinner? Can they see something we can't?  Do they know something we don't?  absolutely.  They know what heaven holds... Heaven is populated by those who let God change them.  Arguments will cease, for jealousy won't exist.  Suspicions won't
surface, for there will be no secrets.  Every sin is gone.  Every insecurity is forgotten.  Every fear is past.  Pure wheat.  No weeds.  Pure gold.  No alloy.  Pure love.  No lust.  Pure hope.  No fear.  No wonder the angels rejoice when one sinner repents; they know another work of art will soon grace the
gallery of God.  They know what heaven holds.I think those are both just so beautiful.  What an amazing book it is.  I really enjoy it so very much.  If I don't have a job soon, I'm going to go volunteer at a soup kitchen and/or try to find something charitable to do for Thanksgiving.  I want to do it every
year, and never get to so maybe this year I'll be able to do the same thing for Christmas.  There must be something out there I can do to help, you know?  Right?  I'll figure it out and let you know what happens.  Sound good?  :) Jesus 2 1/2 pages left to go.  Well 1 1/2 because I know what I'm doing for
the last page so.  Hehe.  I just gotta keep writing.  I think I'm going to go get envelopes, write your letter letter (haha) and get markers.  I am sending this tomorrow and then I'll have 100 pages left.  So by the time November rolls around this will be complete.  :/ I'm so sorry you had to wait so long.  And that it wasn't all it could've been, but the next one will be amazing.  Well, fuck. Erica lost my markers.  That really fucking annoys the living shit out of me.  Why can't people just take care of other people's stuff?  I mean I know I've been guilty of it too but damn.  Whatever I guess.
So, once this NB is complete, I want to never

mention things that went down with Rich

again.  Is that cool?  I know it's probably

wrong to bury it or whatever but that's what

I want to do.  So in our next nbs to each

other NO Rich talk as far as the things I did

with him go.  Thank you.  Well, I think I'm

going to take a bath and read just to relax a

little.  Then maybe I'll be able to fall

asleep.  Idk I guess we'll see.  Love you!

Night.

<3,
Star

No comments:

Post a Comment