Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sober... analyzed

PINK LYRICS
 
"Sober"

 I don't wanna be the girl who laughs the loudest
 Or the girl who never wants to be alone
 I don't wanna be that call at 4 o'clock in the morning
 'Cos I'm the only one you know in the world that won't be home
(either she is this way or she's been this way but she doesn't want to be this way anymore.  it's like... when you're using drugs as an escape, you take on this persona of who you are and you trick yourself into thinking that's the real you but it isn't.  she's saying she doesn't want to be this way maybe because it's not her or it's annoying to her.)

Ah the sun is blinding
 I stayed up again
 Oh, I am finding
 That's not the way I want my story to end
 (the sun hurts her eyes because it's light and she's in the dark where it's "safe" but she knows that if she keeps going down that road it's not going to be so safe anymore.)

I'm safe
 Up high
 Nothing can touch me
 But why do I feel this party's over?
 No pain
 Inside
 You're my protection
 How do I feel this good sober?
(it's a question most people ask themselves when they get high.  it's so much fun when you feel invincible cuz you smoked whatever or drank so you don't have be held accountable for your actions, but how can you get that same feeling without any help?)

I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence
 The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth
 Please don't tell me that we had that conversation
 I won't remember, save your breath, 'cos what's the use?
(this is something i went through with Brian.  every single time he drank he would get beligerent (sp) and we'd fight and in the morning of course he wouldn't remember what we fought about because he didn't remember what he said and of course he didn't understand why i was so upset.  but i think he was afraid to be quiet because no one would hear what he was really saying if he just sat there and did nothing.)

Ah, the night is calling?
 And it whispers to me softly come and play
 Ah, I am falling
 And If I let myself go I'm the only one to blame
(she knew that by the time night time came, the crazies would come out and she'd be safe again in her own little world of being high where nothing could happen.  but if anything happened to her... it was her own fault.)

I'm safe
 Up high
 Nothing can touch me
 But why do I feel this party's over?
 No pain
 Inside
 You're like perfection
 How do I feel this good sober?

I'm coming down, coming down, coming down
 Spinning 'round, spinning 'round, spinning 'round
 Looking for myself - SOBER [x2]
(this is the point where she is coming off of whatever she's taking and the world is spinning and she's looking for the girl she left behind when she was straight.)

When it's good, then it's good, it's so good till it goes bad
 Till you're trying to find the you that you once had
 I have heard myself cry, never again
 Broken down in agony just tryna find a friend
(this part kind of breaks my heart when i hear it because i can hear the pain in her voice when she sings it.  it's like... everything is going great when you're high but then reality sets in and you get so lost in all the lies and whatever else nonsense that you forget who you were before. and then for whatever reason you find that the people who you think you can trust, you can't anymore.  and when you're down, nobody really cares.  because all they care about is getting high, too.)

Oh Oh

I'm safe
 Up high
 Nothing can touch me
 But why do I feel this party's over?
 No pain
 Inside
 You're like perfection
 How do I feel this good sober

Oh Oh

I'm safe
 Up High
 Nothing can touch me
 But why do I feel this party's over?
 No pain
 Inside
 You're like perfection
 How do I feel this good sober?

Will I ever feel this good sober?
 Tell me, No no no no no pain
 How do i feel this good sober?

I absolutely love analyzing Pink songs because there's so much meaning in them.  I could literally sit down for hours and analyze every one of her songs.  I won't because then there'd be no variety, but there's so much meaning to her songs.  And so many of them are exactly things that I've been through, things I've felt, and she just powers through it all to be this amazing person that I look up to.  And look... the next song is also by Pink!!  hehe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old man Logan issue 67
----------------------
So, in this issue, the first town they stop at was taken over by these gross mole-men type people who were created to "take care" of over-population. Then Logan lets a couple ghost riders beat him up.
So, they travel to this town called Hammer Falls, Nevada. If you've ever seen Thor, you would remember that that's where his hammer fell. Or was it Utah? Fuck I don't remember, lmao. Anyway, it's a huge tourist attraction because it's where all the people go to pray for the fallen superheros. And apparently Hawkeye had a kid with one of Peter Parker's daughters and she's in jail or something? Not sure but I am positive it will be explained in the next issue, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment