Monday, November 24, 2014

book review, The Lying Game

~book review~
The lying game

I started reading this tonight and I'm almost done with it already, that's how good it is. The only reason why I stopped was because I am really sleepy and have a huge headache, but I wanted to write about what I've read so far. So, there is this girl named Emma who lives in las Vegas, Nevada. She has been bounced around from home to home practically her whole life. This one night she was having an argument with her foster brother when he showed her a YouTube video of herself being strangled. She checked on Facebook and found her sister and wrote to her and the person wrote back, but it wasn't her sister. Only Emma didn't know that. So she goes on a quest to find her sister and she gets kidnapped by her sister's friends. See, her twin sister has been following her around only she doesn't know that because her sister really is dead. So... Emma has to act like her sister for the time being. She's already told anyone who would listen that she's really Emma, but of course she has to be involved in this game called The Lying Game so no one believes a word she says. The sister is also kind of a bitch, even when she's dead.
Hopefully I will finish the rest of the book tomorrow.
The only question I really have is, how could her sister, Emma, see that video of her dying, but not her friends? My only idea is that it was a prank gone horribly wrong. Let's find out if I'm even a little right! Lol.

Woot Woot!! Great book!! So... What we know so far is that Ethan definitely didn't kill Sutton. The 3 other members of the lying game might have killed her, but I don't think so. The video was made a couple of weeks before her actual death. So... We still have no idea about anything yet. But luckily there's another book to read! So hopefully there will be a bit more answers. But now I'm onto another series (yay).

Never have I ever
-----------------
This is the next book in the series. I tried to concentrate on another book but it didn't exactly turn out, lol. So anyway, in this book we have a bit more mystery. Everyone seems to have noticed that Sutton has been acting "different". I don't think it's anyone at school, I think her killer might be someone completely different. Because yeah she might have been a huge bitch who lived a charmed life and lied and shoplifted and stole people's boyfriends, but rich girls did that kind of thing. In this book, she seems to be a little miffed whenever Emma makes some sort of judgment about her, but there's not much she can do short of stepping into her body which I'm surprised hasn't even happened yet. There was an incident with a train that was hella scary, though. Sutton idled it on the tracks and just before the train came she turned the car on again but one girl got seriously injured and they all agreed that it was an accident... But why wouldn't they open their mouths? Also, Emma is developing a crush on this guy named Ethan and her jock boyfriend already broke up with her. Oh and she purposely got caught shoplifting so she could go to the police station and check her file out.
The thing I like about this novel is that the girl's twin is right there and whenever Emma has a thought or memory about something, Sutton does also. Like she cheers for her sister when she does something good, gets mad when she doesn't do something the way SHE would have, but generally looks out for her. Also, she DID tell people the truth of who she was (Emma) in the beginning. If no one wanted to believe her, that was their problem. But... Whoever did this must have known Sutton and what kind of person she was and also knew that it would be the perfect murder because she had a twin sister. I'm not sure any high school kid could pull that off. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons to act the way they do and surely there are people who would be capable of it, but no one could keep that straight a face and act normal unless they were truly a psychopath.
One thing that has been bugging me this whole time is: how has anyone not found the body yet? Someone must know where it is and What if Sutton isn't really dead? She might be in a coma somewhere and someone is keeping her body alive for whatever reason. I have no idea if I'm at all close, but it's just one thing I'm thinking about. Obviously the person who murdered or might have murdered Sutton is close by enough to keep an eye on Emma but it couldn't be any of her friends because if they had her body, of course they would know she wasn't Sutton.  Eek I love all the mystery of this book! I will let you know if I find out anything useful tomorrow, lol.

So, I'm not done with this book yet, but I wanted to write out what I'm thinking to see if I'm right. So... There was a Halloween homecoming dance. Emma asked Ethan to go but he already asked someone else. A little bit earlier Emma almost had a light fixture fall on her head so she thought it would be safer for Ethan if they weren't romantically linked. She did say that she liked him that way, but it would just be safer if they were just friends. With that being said, another pair of twins (who are both alive) seem to be the prime suspects in this book. They're pissed at Sutton for triggering Gabby's epilepsy and they've been terrorizing her throughout the whole book. Now, they were all just at the dance and the two girls just had a screaming fight over a guy and one of the girls got out of the car (they were about to go on a camping trip) and was left behind. Now, I think that they staged this whole thing, the guy, the fight... So one of them would have an alibi. Although... I'm not really sure what they're planning on doing considering someone would definitely notice if Sutton wasn't around. Or Emma.  Alright... I'm gonna finish the rest of the book and tell you if any of that was right.

Well... I was right about some things, but not everything. The twins were only trying to prank her, not kill her. They still don't know that Emma is Emma and not sutton. But now... Someone comes back from being gone and I wonder if he knows where Sutton's car is. Won't know for a while, though... Don't have the next book yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment