Wednesday, July 16, 2014

January 7th, 2011

January 7th, 2011
1:28am

Hey Chels,
Omg what a freaking day.  It started off great because I woke up early (mostly because I couldn't fall back asleep) and got all my practice tests done.  Tomorrow and Sunday I am going to work on the final exams and during the week -- the simulation MBLEx tests.  I can't wait to finally have everything I need off that website.

So... I got to Barry's around 3:30pm but we didn't leave until 3:45pm (which means we were 15 minutes late getting there).  The client, Bill, wanted a proposal written up of what his plans were and how much he expected to get paid (I was there for that meeting), and they were going to work something out.  Well, Barry was supposed to have his probation meeting on Thursday but he got really sick and didn't know which end was up.  He was going to call this morning but he couldn't because he was being bugged by Bill who kept calling for different stuff and by the time I got there he was on the phone with George who still doesn't know what Barry's plans are.  So we finally get there and I go get gas and when I get back I can see the meeting taking place and there's all this hand waving and gesturing.  Finally it looked like it was over and I was going to wait for Barry to come outside but I really had to go to the bathroom so I came inside and found Barry.  We were going to leave but then Bill came and started talking to Barry, saying he should go home and rest and I should take care of him and make sure he sleeps and Barry came right out and said, "I can't sleep if I'm working on your stuff, you can't have it both ways."  Then Bill said, "Well, sleep is more important so when you feel like you have enough energy, then you can work."  It was so stupid.  Then Barry and I went back inside (we were standing outside) and he was going to do some work before we left and Bill came back and started talking about all these problems and how people were complaining to him and asking if hiring Barry was a good idea.  I thought that was a rude thing to say.  Bill gave an analogy of a car that was basically saying that people don't notice something's wrong until it stops working one day and Barry said something like the people are driving the car and there's smoke coming out of it but it still runs so they still drive it.  Bill didn't like that so much but I did.  As far as I can remember this client has always been a problem.  From what Barry and I can piece together, here is what's really going on:  Bill (or his company, rather) doesn't want to pay full price for computer work so he hires some shmo off the street and everything gets messed up so he keeps going on like this until finally he gets to hire someone who knows what he's doing but in order to fix one mess you have to fix everyone else's mess first.  So it's a clusterfuck of that plus people get frustrated and quit in the middle of a job and someone else has to pick it up.  That's no way to run a business and such a waste of money.  This guy is a millionaire and yet I have no idea how he got that way because as far as I can tell he doesn't know anything about money managing.

I took Barry out to eat afterwards and came home, only to hear my dad once again barfing.  Apparently he woke up in so much pain.  He's still at the hospital, we're not sure for how long but we know what's wrong.  He has an ileus, which means part of the bowel completely stopped working and he's all backed up with poop and gas.  It happened after the stroke, that's why he had to have surgery in the first place.  And the fucked up thing is that even though he's been having this pain and the same symptoms this whole time, this thing is new.

TIRED

<3,
Me

2:03am
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11:01pm

Hey Chels,
Ugh what a day.  I woke up really late (like 1:30pm late) and went straight to the hospital, came home, studied, and now I'm writing to you.  I am so beat.  I was really hoping I would have all this stuff done but I just don't see how I'm going to get it all done by Thursday if I have to visit my dad in the hospital and then go to Chicago Wednesday.  I did get two final exam tests done today but I started getting tired.  On top of that, my dad has it in his head that he is coming home tomorrow.  If that's the case I would be way more relaxed, but he has to be able to eat and keep his pain down.  I really think it will be Monday or Tuesday before he comes home.  So... I need to figure out some type of schedule, like visit early and leave early or study early and then depending on how that goes, take a break for an hour or so and then come back home.  There's just no way I can stay all day.  If I didn't have to worry about studying then maybe, but my subscription is up soon and I don't want to waste $49.00 on one more month because that will really set me back and I don't want that to happen.  So... I have to tell you something.  I don't think you will like it at all but it's something i feel the need to share with you.  Ever since you've told me that Ryan is going back to NY, I've felt a ping in the pit of my stomach that something is wrong. This was right after you told him you didn't want to be with him and I feel like he said that to see how you'd react.  I feel like he's still going to leave, but he's not doing it for the reasons he told you.  The only reason why he stayed down there was because of you but instead of bettering his life so that he could be with you he made you confess your true feelings so that he could leave knowing he still "has" you.  I also don't think he has any real plans to let you visit him, either.

I don't know if any of that is true, but it's there in the back of my mind.  I also feel like there is danger surrounding him, and I'm not really sure where the danger is but it's there.

Phew.  I'm glad I finally got all this off my chest, it has been bothering me.

Oh, Barry told me today that he got a letter from his probation officer (haha, he JUST texted me as I was writing about him!) rescheduling his appointment for the 18th.  I am so glad he didn't get in trouble.  He's missed a meeting before but he was in the hosiptal.  I cannot wait until he is off probation and can smoke up freely again... I know that will eliminate pretty much all of his health problems.

Ugh... I need to go--want to lay down and watch the rest of Bounty Hunter.

<3,
me

11:27pm

No comments:

Post a Comment