Thursday, September 12, 2013

October 27th, 2007 Stardust

October 27th,
2007
-------------
Woot woot!  It's 11:43pm so technically it's still my birthday.  I haven't read anything you wrote yet but I don't care.  Right now I'm trying to get stuff for your birthday present!  I need 24 celebs w/ your birthday.  You will be so surprised I think, but I hope that you will like my present to you.  It's a book filled with memories that I have of us, pictures (new ones that will be taken soon), among other things.  But I feel that with all we've been through in the years that we've known each other, I feel more close to you now than I have before.  Probably because for the first time since our friendship started, we have finally been in the same place at the same time, getting to know each other all over again.  I feel that an online friendship is really different than an "in real life" friendship.  You can still feel a connection with that person, and think about them and wish them well, but it's different when you're not around them all the time.  So when you see that person, you have to get used to the way they talk and all that.  I have to admit that the first few times I met you I was a little shy.  I always thought of you as a friend but when it was in person the first few times I still had to get used to you.  I think we had seen each other only 4 times total before you moved down here.  So I still felt a little awkward.  But through all of that I still felt this bond with you that is beyond this world.  And now I feel like our friendship has really renewed because we're both still alive and in contact with each other.  In all my years I've never had a friendship like this.
So... in all this babbling, my point is that I want to pay homeage to your being and our friendship.  So that is your present explained (in really tired, hormone-driven, up-too-late, psycho-babbleland.)

Alright, I know we said that we would write as much as we wanted to but here is what I think (for future notebooks).  That during the rest of the year we can do that but during our birthday months the other one has it for the month (to decorate it and whatnot).  I like that plan because if you have it for your birthday month I can't decorate it :(.

So... I got a lot of stuff to work on, a lot of questions to ask, a lot of stories to tell and anticdotes to share, and a lot to read and respond to (this is insane--I'm almost 4 pages in and I haven't read your entries yet!).  So I got my work cut out for me, don't I.

I love you girl!  And I had a great lunch this afternoon.  I can't believe I live w/ 3 boys now.  Ick!

Love you,
R

No comments:

Post a Comment