Monday, September 2, 2013

July 24th, 2007

7-24-07

Boo! What up?  I'm at work and I'm all alone today so I'm going to pace myself with everything.  I mean yesterday was terrible.  I'm writing about it to you before I write it in my LJ.  So, feel lucky.

First, Va (cosmetics manager) had some conference call to go to and wanted our (Estee Lauder) goal sheet which we couldn't find because T hadn't set them out.  T is Counter manager.  So, V is going crazy looking for it saying she can't believe we don't have it, she can't believe we don't know our goal and she's in a hurry etc.  D and I were just like "ok w/e just try and find it, keep looking."  D used to be counter manager but she stepped down so... but sometimes she's a real bitch, and acts like she's still counter manager.  Anyway, I asked D to help me with something and she wasn't explaining it to me very well and she got all pissy with me because I didn't understand.  I'm like, "Excuse me for not understanding your lousy explanation."  Did I say that?  No.  I wanted to though.

So then T comes in and we were telling her about the problem with V and she's like "well if I get yelled at, I'm coming back here and yelling at you guys" and I said "Why?  That's not right" it's not our fault you didn't have the goal sheet ready for V.  {I didn't say that part...}

And she goes "well get used to it.  I'm counter manager."

*smack smack*
Really now... grrrrr.  After that, it went downhill.  T was re-explaining something to me that I didn't need re-explained, D asked a question, I answered it and as a result, T went on this tangent about how SHE was counter manager and here for our support so we were to come to HER for help.  I was like, WTF?

So, then these Haitians came in and I had a hard time helping them so I asked T for help and she got mad.  She wouldn't even let me explain why I needed help she assumed I didn't know the product like I should and read me the riot act right then and there with customers standing around.  Which, that is something I'm really against in the first place.  If you are going to rake me over the calls--fine.  But do it in private.  Duh.  SO I went off, yo.  I mean no I didn't embarrass myself or anything.  But I told her in no uncertain terms that it was hard to help a customer with what they want if they're having a hard time explaining what it is they want.  Not only that, but you just got done tell me you were counter manager and here to help so what's your beef?  And furthermore I'm never going to know 100% of the products.  You don't either so step off.

Yea, it went something like that.  Lol.

Then, I find out we have a new sick policy and no longer need dr's notes.  This is after I was told I'd be fired for not having one.  So I spent $140.00 on Sat. @ the dr to get one.  Fuckers.  I can't believe it's only 1pm.  4 hours until break and 8 hours until I go home.  Oy.  Noooooo.

My goal for sales today is $1,015.  Ha.  Not happening.  People don't want to purchase now since they know (thanks to pre-selling) that GWP is like, in two weeks.

Yea, get this.  We call customers to tell them GWP is Aug 7 and we can do the transaction with them over the phone and reserve them a gift.  Well, I disagree with that system completely.  First of all, the customer has to give you their credit card info over the phone. And I know I wouldn't wanna do that.  What if it's not really Estee Lauder calling and I give my info to a thief?  Hello, that's asking for probs.  Why can't we just take their name, address, phone # and what purchase they want then on Aug 7th they pay?  It's still a gift reserved for them without the risk of dishonest people hurting you.

Really!

Yesterday I had 44 people of my own to call -- maybe more.  D also made me call like 20 of hers.  Today I have 68 people to call about fucking GWP.  I hate doing things I don't agree with you know?  Luckily, I'm not the only one. Lol.

I need a serious makeover.

Ok, I've been here an hour and a half and written 6 pages.  That should tell you something lol.  I guess I better go make myself useful.

--So only 3 hours until break.  Woopie doo.--

Wow.  I sold $71.50 worth of the $1,015 I have to make today.  Only $943.50 to go.  Ha.  Wait.  I just sold $25.00 more.  $918.50.

I just checked the log for our presell.  D sold to 9 ppl, T has 7 and I have zero.  I seriously hate this shit.
Ok, I need to change the subject. Lol.

Sea World this weekend.  Yay.  It'll be nice to just see W and D and have that family time.  It's been years since I went to Sea World and actually I'm not sure it was Sea World I went to.  But maybe.
I want W to swim with the dolphins but that's seasonal at Discovery Cove. So alas, no go.

How come shoes salesmen seem like such players?  Really there's a shoe depart. right in front of me.  The cutest black/mixed guy works there.  Ml.  But he's such a player.  I can just tell. Lol.

People walk by and give me snotty looks.  WTF.  And then some smile.  What a world.

Omg.  3 finally.  That means I've been here 3 hours, 6 hours to go and 2 hours until break time.  All I wanna do for an hour is listen to music, write, smoke, and forget about where I work.

R, by the time you get this book back, we'll have to get a new book.  31 and a half pages I've written. Holy shit.  Lol.  You better be happy.  That's more than I ever write anyone.

So,
wed-9:45-6pm I work
thurs-12-9:15pm I work

Friday I'm off, Sat and Sun I'm off.  So Friday I need to finish my stupid Welcome Aboard book if not tonight cuz school is next week (31st + Aug 1st) and Friday I have to get us all ready for the weekend @ sea world.
Next week
---------
mon-9:45-6:00
tuesday-9:00-6:00 (school?)
wednesday-9:00-6:00 (school?)
thursday-1-9
friday-1-9

I have a whole weekend off and D has to use it to take W back to Ohio.  Sucky sucky.

So I need to get W backpack/duffel bag and make sure all her clothes are washed and packed.  All her toys are packed.  Get her pillows and blankets together, her car seat, medicine, and toiletries are all together.  It will be hard to do this and work too so I'm using the notebook as a checklist.  Hope you don't mind!!  lol.

Monday, July 30th
-----------------
--work 9:45-6:00
--come home make sure Estee Lauder book is complete
--start getting W's toys together.
--dinner/sleep

Tuesday, July 31st
------------------
--work 9-6
--come home eat
--W bath
--W toys together
--get ready for work next day/sleep

Wednesday, Aug 1st
------------------
--work 9-6
--come home/eat
--work on bible study
--W's toys/car stuff together
--get ready for work next day/sleep

Thursday, Aug 2nd
------------------
--work 1-9
--W bath
--eat
--laundry/get ready for work

Friday, Aug 3rd
---------------
--work 1-9
--make sure W's things are packed/ready:
--all clothes washed/packed
--toothbrush/toothpaste
--shampoo, towels, body wash
--toys
--pillows/blankets
--medicine

There.  So now my thoughts are organized.  Lol.  I hope I can remain on top of things.

A prayer:
Oh heavenly father,
I want to thank you for the wonderful time you gave me with my precious W.  I ask that you help me to stay organized, and calm as I work and get W ready to head back to Ohio.  And dear Lord, you know how hard it will be for me to let her go so I ask that you embrace me and D, as well as W and her Ohio family with your everlasting love and give me peace of mind.

In your name I pray,
Amen

R, in bible study we're studying how to become women of prayer.  Mind if I share the study with you?

My pen is officially dead... how sad.  In half an hour, I have to start making my phone calls because I promised myself I'd make stupid presell calls the hour before my break.  Lol.
I'm so sad about my purple pen's death.  Did I kill it by writing too much?  Probably.  *sniffle* poor purple pen stolen from T.  It was my favorite!  I just checked it, and the ink is completely gone.  I've never seen a pen THAT empty.
I will now cry...
Alright, I found a very poor replacement.  But I think I'm going to go visit other counter girls until I make my phone calls. See YOU at break *wink wink*

Yo it's me again. I miss my purple pen.  :(.  Gah.  I just put this "intuition" lotion on and it's gross plus my hands are all slippery now.  So, I'm just takin' a break from presell phone calling.  I have 47 people left to call.  Ugh.  Boy do I have news for you but you'll just have to wait.  I love suspense.  Mwuahhahaha.

K, back to presell calls.  --only 2 1/2 hours left at work--

24 people left to call.  I'm so so.  One person I called, I was told the client now had alzheimer's and resided in a nursing facility.  Then I called this woman, her name was Georgia and her niece answered the phone.  She says "my aunt passed away this morning"

I could really cry.  No wonder the weather is so ooky.  Lol.

I bet you're wondering what my news is.  Hmmm.  Maybe at 8:30 I'll tell you :p.  Maybe.

Alright... I was going to wait an hour to tell you, however... I decided the news wasn't like.... THAT big--just interesting. So yea while I was on my break, a woman stopped me and asked if I worked at that mall.  I told her yes I did and she asked me if I was in cosmetics.  She went on to tell me that my makeup was done beautifully and she worked for Mary Kay.  We had a great conversation.  Turns out she wants me to model for her so she can do my makeup.  So we switched #s.  Awesomeness... she said she'd take a headshot so, if I was able to keep one I could use it to show a talent agent when we go see one... cool huh?
Man, I just want to live out my dreams, yo.  *sigh*

Chick, you got 50 pages from me almost.  Damn.  That's a record.

But unless I have something INCREDIBLE to say, I'm not writing again until after Sea World and again when W goes buh-byes =(
1 hour until I'm done at work.

--love you--

Love always,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment