Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Why one should never use scented bath salts...

November 20th, 2013
10:00am

Hey Chels,
So, today is already a very long day. My dad needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist at Rush University so I had to wake up at 7:30am to leave by 8 and I'm glad we did leave then because it took an hour and 40 minutes to get here. And I haven't eaten or drank anything because I didn't want to be stuck in traffic having to pee. So, now we are waiting to be seen. Well, my parents are, I am in the waiting room. That's why I brought my nook with me, so I could write.

Ugh my dad was being such a jerk today. He doesn't understand why he has to see a shrink and we keep explaining why and he still doesn't get it and then he's a jerk about everything. He needs to be evaluated by a psychiatrist so they can determine if he is fit for this nerve stimulator thing. They have to make sure everything is real and not in his head. Which I don't think it is, I think his pain (although he can be a huge drama queen about it) is definitely real and I am praying that this nerve stimulator is the thing that will work because I can't take much more of this incessant pain. After that I get to drive home and then get Mark at 5, and we will have about an hour until we need to head out for Ze's birthday dinner, which is at a pizza place. And that wraps up my very long day. I took an Azo yesterday because I couldn't take the pain anymore and I'm debating on whether or not I should take one today because I have a doctor appointment tomorrow.
Speaking of which, I figured out what probably happened to me. You know how my dad had a flare up last week? Ooh actually you don't because I never wrote about that, oops. At any rate... my dad had a flare up of pain last Thursday so he had to stay in the hospital overnight. Well, when I got my period I guess the same thing happened to me. It started with a burning sensation when I peed, which I thought was strange because my period never does that to me. But for the first couple of days I was fine. I was even eating normal stuff and felt okay but then Monday it really started hurting. Depending on if there was blood or not, the pain would get worse or feel better. So, today my period is supposed to be over and there was a tiny little speck of blood on the tp when I checked but it looked like period blood. And since I haven't drank any water yet the dye is still in my system. So when I get home I'm going to take some acidophilis, vitamin e, drink some water and then some cranberry juice, find some food and it'll still be early enough to take some Azo and get it all or mostly flushed out by my appointment tomorrow. Mark is going to try and come with me but I told him it's okay if he can't. I was just really scared yesterday and started crying in the car... it was bad. Well, my back started hurting. Now everything is almost back to normal but I'm going to see what the doc says. It's been a few years since I've had this problem so what I need to do is really pay attention to what I put in my body. I need to be good and consciously make healthier choices, especially around my period and a week leading up to it (when my cravings are the worst). I do want a urine test to rule out any infection before I self medicate and just ignore it. And if there's something he can give me to make me feel a little better that is great. Cuz I put the Biofreeze on there but I can't put it on my vagina. I put it on my abdomen to lessen the urge to pee which helps a lot, but it doesn't really do anything for the place it really hurts. It feels like I got kicked in the vagina, basically. I'm wondering if there's anything besides Ibuprofen that I can take that's less than a narcotic but more than just a regular pain pill. Like something stronger than Ibuprofen that isn't just drugging me up. Plus I've been taking baths every night and making sure the bathtub is clean and the water isn't too hot.
So hopefully I will feel better on my own. Things feel better today besides me feeling like I'm starving and I really need to eat before I fall down.

I was just thinking that I have been having incredibly strange periods this year. Not sure why but it's kind of startling.

Okay my darling, I need to get going. I love you!!
Rita

10:36am

No comments:

Post a Comment