Wednesday, December 3, 2014

This is what happens when you break my heart.

November 11th, 2013

12:59pm

Hey sweets!! Happy Monday. I hope you had a good weekend. Or at least survived the weekend, lol. The goddess workshop on Saturday was amazing. Although, it hurt my heart to hear that Angel's great dane, Mystic, had to get put down. She was 8 years old and had bone cancer and it was going to spread so they made the decision that it was time. It's just so heartbreaking, she's already been through so much crap this year. But aside from that, I learned a lot. Like how you're not the only one who feels like you have no time to relax. But it's so important. And I know I need to take better care of myself, also. It's hard but I guess this right now could be considered making time for myself. Today is a slow day--the only thing I have to do is take the dog out and empty the dishwasher. I do have to make it to the store and find my dad something to eat but that's mainly it. It is cold and is supposed to snow either today or tomorrow. Oh goody.
So--Barry. You know how he was in jail this year for a DUI. I already thought he had weekly checkups but I guess not. This time he has court ordered weekly status updates for 30 months so he will need to stay clean until May 5th, 2016. Holy shit I just realized that is 2 years plus 6 months. So like a little less than 3 years. Lol I just had a Jessica Simpson moment. But yeah. I take it this is his ultimate last chance. And don't get me wrong, I am not rooting for him to go to jail. I honestly believe he doesn't belong there. But I know what the problem is. He's in denial about his addictions. He doesn't think he needs any of this and he hates that he has to be under all this scrutiny. But until he accepts real help, he will never get better.
I can see that the court is actively trying to help him by not locking him up in prison forever. But the fact that he didn't enter a plea and will be going through a jury trial shows me that he really doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. Grow a pair, admit your mistake, accept the help and move on. This jury trial is going to take place on January 16th, 2014. I guess they're going to hear the evidence against him and decide how he's going to spend the next few years, although I don't get why a DUI would require a jury trial. Maybe he thinks he wasn't doing anything wrong by getting into a car while fucked up and driving? Or maybe he didn't think he'd get caught. I don't know. But I am wondering if they're going to bring up the heroin thing. He told his cousin, Stephanie, that he had been selling to this guy for at least two months. And he told me that it was only once, but you don't get in trouble for only one time. And then he was on probation until 2014 but then had a DUI this year. So... I dunno what he's still trying to hold onto when he already admitted the truth to someone. But I guess criminals are like that and I think he needs more than just probation to learn his lesson. He needs to admit defeat and serve his time. He made his own mess. He needs to clean it up.

So, in other news... it's snowing!! Ugh. I have to go to Jewel to get some stuff and I don't want to get out of my jammies. And this isn't even the sticky snow. This is just child's play, the opening act. Meh.

I gotta get going for now. I wanna write in between driving and doing stuff. Love you!

Rita bo bita

1:58pm

No comments:

Post a Comment