Tuesday, December 2, 2014

August 14th, 2013

August 14th, 2013
11:02pm

Hey Chels,
Well... Wow. Where do I even start? As you know by now, Mark did get out of jail on the 6th. He's staying with me and so far he's doing great. Last week was rough though. Zachary and I talked all day Monday and I asked him if he could get Mark with me if he got out and he said yes. So after I got my dog to the groomer, he picked me up and we found Mark. I asked Zach to pick me up at 2pm so we could get there but he took forever which pissed me off but I got over it. We picked Mark up and we all hung out at Zach's for a couple of hours. Then all the fun started. Mark called Kristin on my phone because his was almost dead and she told him that her parents had moved into the apartment and that he still had his job at the restaurant. She asked him if he needed a place to stay for the night and he said no. So... We drove over there so he could get his stuff and I guess she wanted to have a conversation with him about whatever. So Zach and I are sitting in the car talking about stuff and he gets this phone call that his best friend killed himself. I felt so bad for him. I hadn't seen this person since middle school and then this happens. So... After what seemed like forever, Mark finally gets in the car again. Actually, I had to pee so we were driving away and spotted them just standing there. Apparently the conversation they had was her yelling at him the whole time and basically saying that she was willing to give up everything for him. I don't even think that's what he wanted. I mean... There's a reason why they're not still together. But it's not his fault that she picked someone who's just as bad as she is. But anyways... That night was wonderful. We walked around the neighborhood again and got to have some reunion sex, which was great. Then the next day came. Mark wanted to go over there to see about his job so we got there a little before 1. They walked in while I sat in the car and waited. Then they stood outside and I could hear them having a conversation about me and I could hear her saying my name. Ugh. He finally got back to the car and I asked him what was going on and he said he wanted to spend some time with his kid, like 15-20 minutes. I was fucking pissed because for one thing, that's not a real visit. And for another, I already waited for 2 hours the night before. I'm not going to sit there and wait in the car while she keeps extending this visit and thinking up reasons why I should just wait out in the car all day. So I just said no. So we went up there together and she was pissed. She started screaming at me to get out and what was I thinking and all this other stuff. I knew better than to answer her and I was scared but I stood my ground and just looked at her acting a fool. After a while though I decided it was time to go cuz I was sick of the screaming so Mark got me out of there and she chased us out. He went back in and came out a little bit later and said that Corbin had asked if he could spend the night. So he asked me if that was cool and I said duh. We got some food and hung out for a little bit before I dropped him off and went home. By the time I got home I was exhausted but I wanted to go to karaoke. Since I packed everything on Monday, I had time to kill so I went and had a blast. Thursday morning I picked Mark up and we were on our way to Loth.
The beginning of the trip was a little rough. But not until after we got there. We set up and right after we were done and had to go into town, it started pouring. And then Kristin started blowing up everybody's phones looking for Mark. She was pissed that he wasn't still at the apartment and going to work. But like... He felt like he wasn't going to put his life on hold for a job that wasn't that thrilled about having him back. The only reason why he was even considering it was because of his kid. But the truth is, she's not the one who has custody. So even if her parents concede and tell him it's up to her, it's not up to her. It was just so stupid. So... All weekend there was the retreat going on and this undertone of drama. But like... Saturday we did this gaspacho thing. I put in my intentions. And then when I handed mine over to the fire tender, I turned my back and said goodbye to everything Kristin had ever said about me and everything from her that I took personally. And then I realized something. She and I don't have to have any contact with each other. There's no reason for it. And the only thing Mark really needs to talk to her about is if it has something to do with his kid, which is a boundary that is coming out of left field for her because of how their friendship was before. But just that fact alone makes me feel so much better. I don't have to respond to any of the shitty things she says. And Mark is even doing better at setting boundaries. He still plans on helping the family out when he has money and I'm fully okay with him doing that. Whatever he feels like he needs to do. I might even start asking for a little bit of money here and there so I can set some aside for him and he won't even know about it.
So... The retreat itself was amazing but I'm going to write about that all in itself. I really have to start cracking down on the NBs considering I started writing things this way starting with last year's retreat. I will have more time once Mark goes to work and I can have some time to myself to work on stuff. And the crazy thing is that I have absolutely loved having him here. Not once have I ever felt like he was cramping my style or anything. It might take a little bit for everything to work out but my parents aren't like chomping at the bit for him to leave or anything. They haven't even asked me if there's anything going on when we've slept in the same bed since he got here. I just don't want the added element of anything romantic in the mix while he's still just staying here as a guest, you know? I want him to be as independent as he possibly can before introducing the idea of us being more than friends. But if my parents ask, I'm glad that there's a plan of action regarding his job and stuff. And he does have a copy of his ID and other stuff so hopefully that will work until the real thing gets here. It's just something that needs to be taken care of sooner or later, you know?

Well, I'm going to watch something, probably YouTube, before I go to sleep. I love you and I promise to try and write more often.

Love!
Rita

11:40pm

No comments:

Post a Comment