Wednesday, December 3, 2014

someone has a bad case of Bridal Brain...

January 7th, 2014
6:14pm
Hey Chels,
I am pretty sure it’s a combination of me PMSing and you having Bridal Brain… and I’m not even sure if I’m going to show you this but I want you to know that I am very annoyed with you today.  First of all… I picked the day that I picked because I’m not missing Valentine’s Day with my boyfriend even though it’s cheaper to fly Tuesday and Wednesday before your party.  And also… I’m not paying $227 to wake up at 4am, nor am I paying $339 for an afternoon flight.  And I’m certainly not going to pay for you to have to wake up at 4am the next morning after your party, either.  I changed my flight to the next day and I still feel like you aren’t even being grateful about it.  My job has made it so that if I’m not physically in the house to call them from the house phone, I don’t get paid for that day.  So I’m taking time out of my schedule to come on this trip with you and I feel like you are more worried about your party than anything else.  Plus I think it’s ridiculous that Brian would agree to pay for a cabride...from Ft Lauderdale to Boynton Beach, it’s gonna be $90-$100 easy.  Also it pisses me off that you and I haven’t seen each other since 2011 and the first thing you say to me when I tell you what time I’m coming in is that you don’t know if you can leave your party to come get me.  It’s your party!!!  I’m pretty sure people will understand if you have to leave for a while.  It happens all the time.  Or if you had the party earlier in the day so by the time it comes time for you to pick me up they’ll either be gone or just leaving, it won’t be as big a deal.  I feel like you turned it into something that it didn’t have to be turned into.  But I’m still not going to make anyone pay for a cab for me… especially people I know aren’t made of money.  So now my flight is for the next day which isn’t bad.  And I made it not for your benefit so much as mine.  Because I am going out of my way to go see you, I feel like it’s less stressful for me to just go the next day and not worry about who’s going to come get me and how much money is being spent doing so.  I could be really selfish and make Brian pay for a cab but I think that’s really bad karma on my part.  I really just want this to be like a vacation for myself so I’m just gonna get over it and move on with my life but you have to understand that there’s more than 1 person involved in getting me to the airport and rearranging time so that this can happen.  I have to make sure that my mom can take the time off and that my dad is okay enough to stay by himself for a while and that Mark has enough to pay for taxis around town if he has to and I’m not making my mom wake up at 4am to drop me off at the airport or anything like that.  The thing that pissed me off the most was that you said that you don’t mind waking up early to come get me.  Well… I most certainly do mind not only waking up buttcrack ass early but spending more money to do it.  I feel like… like I said, I don’t know if this is just your brain or if this is bridal brain, not really thinking of anything more than what has to do with you and your wedding.  Not to mention… you and Brian are moving in the middle of winter.  Not sure why but it’s not like driving in Florida.  I don’t even know what the weather is going to be like, or if my flight will be cancelled or not.  This is something to consider while driving.  Mountain driving is way different than South Florida driving.  I just hope that somewhere in your brain you think that it does make sense for me to just come the next day if you’re not going to leave your party.  And even though I’m doing it because it’s the best for me, I don’t want you to have to miss your party so I’m doing it for you too.  I’m already doing all this stuff for you, all this notebook stuff, getting you a really kick ass care package, taking time out of my schedule to go on this trip with you because you asked me to, and making sure you don’t have to spend any money on me whatsoever.  The least you could do is just be thankful that I’m coming at all and leave it at that and get your head out of your ass.  I’m trying to be sensible here and rational and not blow up at you.  But please realize that you make it difficult when it just seems like all you care about is the party and then telling me you’ll get a taxi for me or something when I know that costs money.  I’m not sure how much you guys are getting back on your taxes but I do know that you’re going to need whatever you can save up. I just hope I can get past this.  I’m pretty sure I will and I’ll just treat it like it’s a mini vacation and not worry about anything.
Anyway…. like I said before, I’m not sure if this note will even see the light of day.  I’m just hoping that this is all a fluke and we can just focus on the good stuff and put this behind us.  You’re just being so freaking weird!!  ugh.
love you,
Rita
6:48pm

No comments:

Post a Comment