Tuesday, October 21, 2014

May 1st, 2012

May 1st, 2012
5:22pm

Hey Chels,
Holy shit, it's May already!  This year is just flying by, isn't it?  Crazy.  So... I am SO pissed off right now.
My dad had his acupuncture appointment today.  Which, if you know my dad, is a pretty huge deal.  Last week we had Dr Renee who worked on my back when I had a pinched nerve in high school.  She felt like this other doctor was better suited to handle my dad's case so we had an appointment with him today.  He was so mean!  He was not being sensitive to my dad's needs at all and he was hardly in the room.  And he wouldn't shut up about these herbs that were prescribed to him the week before.  We couldn't buy them because I didn't have my wallet on me and my dad didn't have any money on him, either.  I talked to my mom about it later and she said she had talked to the manufacterer of these herbs when they were prescribed a few years ago and he was having problems with them and the guy said a man who is having bleeding problems shouldn't be taking herbs.  What that doctor failed to understand is that my dad's not just on pain meds.  He's on certain meds he'll have to be on forever that he's been on since the stroke happened.  Plus he is a diabetic.  So he has thin blood.  So trying to push herbs on someone without fully understanding his history and trying to make it sound like we're idiots for being cautious is completely unacceptable.
Then he wanted to see him again on Thursday and asked if that worked for us.  I told him that my dad's trigger point therapy appointment was next Monday so maybe Tuesday would work and he was like, "look, you hired me."  And then some other bullshit I don't remember because I was too mad. but he made it sound like I sought him out (which I didn't even do, he was recommended to us by someone else.  I didn't even know this fucktard existed until last week) and then failed to do what he suggested.  He just wanted us to be compliant and do what he said and not give him any lip about it.  Um, excuse me.  He must not have gotten the memo on who the fuck I am.  I've had boyfriends and countless people at the dogtrack talk to me that way and I hate it.  So I told him I understood what he was saying but he didn't have to be rude about it.  He was like, "I don't think I'm being rude."  Well, of course YOU don't!  Ugh.
I didn't even bother making another appointment to see that doctor.  I told the receptionist we would play it by ear and then got the fuck out as soon as I could.

My job is simple:  Make sure shit goes smoothly.  Some days it means just making sure my dad gets up and has breakfast and is able to take his meds on time and whatever pain he's in isn't too bad.  Other times it's getting him out and interacting with people.  But when he has doctor appointments I am his eyes and his ears.  I have to be because my dad will almost always get confused because of his aphasia.  But all I really want is for him to feel like he's being taken care of and understood.  And if he's upset it takes a minute for me to cheer him up.  I am a great diffuser.  But damn I mean.... it took everything I had not to go completely apeshit on him. Ugh!

More later!

Love,
me

6:58pm

No comments:

Post a Comment