Monday, September 15, 2014

April 21st, 2012

April 21st, 2012
11:09pm

Dear Chels,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE!  He would be 30 years old today.  It's so hard to believe he died 6 years ago at age 23 (2 months shy of his 24th b'day).  I feel like most of what I know about him is from him being my guardian, angel and different stories I've heard about him.  But still, I miss him just the same.  It sucks that I only met him twice in my life.  But I could only imagine what it's like for the people who knew him the best.  But also, I like having him around.  Especially in the past couple of months.  I feel like he's never left my side.  And not in a creepy way but in my darkest moments I have felt an incredible strength and peace and I know it's because he is there with me.  Well, that and God as well.  I honestly don't know where I'd be without my new church, my friends, my angels, and everything else that's gotten me through.

So anyways, where was I?  Oh yeah, so yesterday and today have been kind of quiet on the Larry sign front, but I don't really need it.  I'm just content sitting on this bed writing to you.  These past few days have been so much fun, it makes me want to turn my phone off everyday and only turn it on during designated times.

So, let's see... Thursday we got reflexology.

~BRB~

How can I describe Door County?  I'm not sure if I can, but I'm going to try.  Take everything you love about the beach.  Especially when you're all alone and it's just you, your spot, toes in the sand, staring out into the deep blue waters of the ocean.  You feel so small in that moment, you almost forget where you are in space and time.  You forget that you forgot to do the dishes or you have to go to work and face that bitch boss or that some stranger pissed you off.  You turn all those thoughts off because you're just you, sitting on the sand, listening to the waves crashing to the shore.  Watching this even changes your breathing, it starts to mimic the tempo of the crashing waves.

This is Door County.  Cell phone reception sucks ass so don't even think about using your phone here.  The roads are all twisty turny and no matter where you go there is beauty surrounding you.  The food is simply amazing because it's all locally made.  The views of Lake Michigan pull you in and you want to forget that you have another life you eventually have to get back to.

Yeah, I've worried a little bit about life back home but I haven't been able to turn away from the enormous beauty around here.  It makes me wish I could just move up here and stay away forever.  Maybe when I get my massage license, eventually I will.

Sorry about that.  I was writing about my trip and then i had to use the bathroom and while I was in there I got the idea that I didn't want to just write about what I did while I was here.  I wanted to capture a picture of what it's like.  I am going to try and pack now so I don't have to worry about it when I get home.

<3,
me

11:44pm

No comments:

Post a Comment